The Take Back Bag
- Each Take Back Bag saves 12,500 gallons of water, 92 pounds of CO2 emissions, and 15 pounds of fashion waste from landfill.
- So far, For Days has saved 3M pounds of clothing from landfill, 24 million pounds of C02, and 3.2 million gallons of water through its Take Back program.
- We accept all apparel items and socks, underwear, sheets, pillow cases, towels, linens, shoes, and handbags in any condition. Ripped, torn or stained, your oldies will get a new life with the help of our recycling partners and be diverted from landfills.
- Scan the QR code on your bag for shipping instructions. You will have the option to generate a USPS QR code or print a mailing label for drop off.
- The price of the Take Back Bag covers the shipping costs to you and sending your filled Take Back Bag back to us.
- The Take Back Bag fits 15 lbs of fashion waste and measures 24 in x 24 in.
- Our Take Back Bags are the world's most sustainable polymailer. Made of 50% post-consumer recycled content, they are fully recyclable, and we recycle 100% of Take Back Bags that are sent back to us.
- 85% of ALL textiles end up in landfills and the average American throws away 80lbs of clothing a year. That includes resale, recycling, and donation efforts. If you send used items to For Days, they go through a sorting and grading process with our recycling partners to determine their next best life.
- 90%+ of the items we take back have a second life.
- 74% of what we take back is sorted and graded for reuse.
- 15-22% of what we take back goes to fiber recycling: For items that don’t meet quality standards for reuse, we utilize fiber recycling technology to keep as much as possible in-use and out of the landfill.
- 5-10% of all Take Back Bag items are sadly, truly trash (think: plastic hangers), and sent to a responsibly managed landfill.
You can purchase the Take Back Bag here. The Take Back Bag is FINAL SALE.
You can contact email@example.com to get an update on your Closet Cash after filling and sending back your Take Back Bag.
You can also reach out to us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions pertaining to how it works, or through our chat icon on poplinen.co. We will get back to you as swiftly as we can.